New Products, New Segments, New Racing Successes
- Akrapovič continues to grow its motorcycle business through new products, entry into new segments – custom and scooters in 2011 – and through continued success on the race track
- Akrapovič celebrates its 20th year
in 2011, and its presence at EICMA is the culmination of a programme of
celebrations over the summer. These have included: an outstanding
exhibition of its race successes; special editions of its renowned
customer magazine; and, at EICMA, the launch of a limited run of Anniversary Edition Slip-Ons for all four Japanese Superbikes: Honda CBR1000RR, Kawasaki ZX10-R, Yamaha YZF-R1 and Suzuki GSX-R
- Akrapovič is announcing a number of new products at this year’s EICMA show, including its full line up of off-road models and a complete line of exhaust systems for 45 different scooter models
- Racing successes continue on the track with the Akrapovič World Champions roster growing to 63, up to and including November 2011.
- Outside of motorcycles, the Akrapovič car exhaust systems business continues to grow rapidly with new product expansion and tie-ins with some leading OEMs
the leading manufacturer of premium performance exhaust systems for
motorcycles and cars, will be making a number of announcements at this
year’s Milan Show.
Despite tough economic conditions and a competitive
market, the Akrapovič motorcycle business is up on 2010, with growth
coming from entry into new segments: custom, Harley-Davidson aftermarket
exhaust systems, and the premium scooter market.
Neil Morley, Marketing Director, commented:
“The motorcycle market is, of course, still a
tough one, with many segments in real decline and a persistent
underlying lack of consumer confidence. Our decision, however, to
broaden our product range, to include the custom, Harley-Davidson
segment and the top end of the Scooter segment, was timely.
“We have had a great reaction to our new products
so far, and the qualities Akrapovič bring to these sectors – quality,
outstanding materials, perfect fit, great design, performance and the
deep resonant sound – seem to be well-received by customers and
Twenty Year Anniversary Edition Silencers
Akrapovič will celebrate its 20th year by
announcing a limited run of Anniversary Edition Slip-Ons at EICMA. These
new silencers will be available in early 2012 and will be produced for
the following bikes: Honda CBR1000RR, Kawasaki ZX10-R, Yamaha YZF-R1 and
The silencers feature a unique finish, incorporating
a ceramic nano-coating of 5-10 microns. They look amazing, with a deep
zinc-coloured lustre, and feature a unique Akrapovič logo with
Anniversary Edition text.
Product benefits include: exclusivity, design,
scratch resistance, anti-finger printing properties, anti-oxidation,
long life, easy to clean and fit – and, of course, the usual Akrapovič
traits of performance and a deep resonant sound.
Other New Products
Other new products for EICMA include:
- Yamaha WR450F: Racing and Slip-On Line
- Honda CBR250R: Slip-On Line
- Ducati Diavel: Slip-On Line
- Triumph Daytona 675: Racing Line
- Suzuki GSR600/750: Racing and Slip-On Line
- Suzuki GSX-R600/750: Racing and Slip-On Line
- BMW K 1600 GT/GTL: Slip-On-Line.
Racing is at the heart of Akrapovič’s business and
has been for 20 years. It competes in all major categories of motorcycle
racing, up to and including MotoGP, with the Yamaha Factory Team of
Lorenzo and Spies.
A total of 63 world champions have now achieved their success with Akrapovič exhaust systems.
New to the list this year are:
- Chaz Davies, Yamaha, World Supersport Champion
- Tony Cairoli, KTM, World MX1 Champion
- Ken Roczen, KTM, World MX2 Champion
- Stephanie Laier, KTM, World Womens Motocross Champion
- Tadeusz Blazusiak, KTM, World Indoor Enduro Champion.
Leadership in exhaust system solutions and excellence in innovative titanium technology.
Akrapovič is the leading manufacturer of premium
exhaust systems for motorcycles and performance cars. It is also a
leader in carbon parts and the innovative use of titanium. Akrapovič
exhaust systems are known for their impact on performance, and their
lightness, durability and sound.
Founded in Slovenia 20 years ago, by former
motorcycle racer Igor Akrapovič, the brand has grown to international
prominence through the successful support of leading racing teams. To
date, 63 world champions have achieved their success with Akrapovič
exhaust systems. The company operates from state-of-the-art factories in
Slovenia, employing 500 people and distributing its products in more
than 60 countries.
To find out more about Akrapovič’s 20th birthday celebrations, please contact:
Neil Morley, Marketing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org +386 41 728 800 Mobile
Visit our Press Centre: www.akrapovic.com
Also find us at: www.facebook.com/akrapovic
Press release in other languages: